Influenza A(H1N1)precautionary measures
What can I do to protect myself from catching influenza A(H1N1)? Domuz gribinden kendimi nasıl koruyabilirim?
The new influenza A(H1N1) virus seems to be similar to seasonal influenza. You can prevent yourself avoiding close contact with ill people and taking the following measures:
- avoid touching your mouth and nose;
- clean hands thoroughly(iyice, güzelce) with soap and water, or clean them with an alcohol-based hand rub
- avoid close contact with people who might be ill;
- reduce the time spent in crowded settings if possible;
- improve airflow in your living space by opening windows;
- practise good health habits including adequate sleep( yeterli uyku), eating nutritious food( besleyici, yararlı gıda), and keeping physically active.
What about using a mask? What does WHO recommend?
If you are not sick(ill) you do not have to wear a mask. If you are carrying for a sick(ill) person, you can wear a mask when you are in close contact with the ill person and dispose of it immediately (ondan derhal kurtulun)after contact, and clean your hands
What should I do if I think I have the illness?
If you feel unwell( bad), have high fever( yüksek ateş), cough (öksürmek) or sore throat:
- stay at home and keep away from work, school or crowds(kalabalık);
- rest and take plenty of ( a lot of) fluids;(sıvı)
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing(aksırma) and, if using tissues( kağıt mendil,peçete) make sure you dispose( atmak ,kurtulmak) of them carefully. Clean your hands immediately after with soap and water or clean them with an alcohol-based hand rub;
- use a mask
- inform(bilgilendir) family and friends about your illness and try to avoid (kaçın)contact with other people;
- If possible, contact a health professional before traveling
Should I go to work if I have the flu but am feeling OK?
No. Whether you have influenza A(H1N1) or a seasonal influenza, you should stay home and away from work through the duration of your symptoms. This is a precaution that can protect your work colleagues and others.
Can I travel?
If you are feeling unwell or have symptoms of influenza, you should not travel. If you have any doubts about your health, you should check with your health care provider.
We should take precautions to prevent global warming.
Global warming is a very serious issue. We should take precautions to prevent global warming.
Here are some sensible precautions. We can help the environment with these precautions.
We should protect the nature as a precaution to global warming. We shouldn't pollute (kirletmek) the environment. We can try to use less electricity and less water. We must use less energy in our lives.
***First of all, try to use everything sensibly;
*If you don't need it, don't buy it.
*If you don't need it, don't use it.
*We must try to use less energy. For example, we must turn off the lights when we get out of (çıkmak, terketmek)a room so that we can save energy.
* We must try to use less water too.
*We should try to travel efficiently(yeterli,verimli). We don't have to drive everywhere, we can walk short distances(mesafe).
*We must use fuel efficiently in case we must use our cars.
*We must also try to use less paper.
It is very important to reuse and recycle.
*We should collect materials like plastic, metal, glass and paper and recycle them.
We shouldn't harm the nature. We should try to preserve the environment so that we can prevent global warming. We can do these precautions easily and they are very important.
-How can I use solar energy(güneş enerjisi)?
-We can use solar power for our hot water and heating. You can buy solar energy panels for your house.
-How can I reduce pollution caused by cars?
-You can use other methods of travel. You can walk short distances and use public transport for long distances.
-How can I use less electric energy?
-You can turn off lights when you go out of a room. You can turn the air conditioning down in summers too.
-What do the three Rs mean?
-They mean reduce, reuse and recycle.
These words remind me of the summer holiday.
"Remind (somebody) of" ; bir kişiye (somebody) bir şeyi hatırlatmaktır.